Wednesday 20 November 2013

What have I been up to...?

My first venture into the Lake District.
Well, I can't deny that I have been neglecting the documentation of my time outdoors since I got back from Ben Nevis all those months ago. Between one thing and another, it has been extremely hard to get time to do any writing about my outings. There have been some ups and downs in my life recently, but I have still been trying to get out as much as possible. Not as much as I'd have liked by a long way - but good times have been had nonetheless. Here are some pictures from the last  few months...



A nice day in August, walking around Ladybower Reservoir. .

Walking the Roman road above the Vale of Edale.
Win Hill, with heather in full bloom. This was the first time that I led a group walk.
Looking over to Crook Hill, across Ladybower Reservoir.
A bit of scrambling up onto Kinder Scout.
First trip to the Lakes. First up close view of the mountains, from the bus.
The start of the path to Skiddaw, 4th highest pile of rock in the Lake District. 931m (3, 054 ft) above sea level.
Skiddaw Little Man; looming invitingly.
Considering the poor views I had at the summit, this was one of the best things to look at.
Skiddaw trig point.
There were many more photo's taken, but I don't really like how they turned out. Hopefully should be receiving a new camera as a very generous christmas present, so might be more willing to cram the pictures in future.

Given my record of planned trips leading to cancellations, I'm not sure i want to jinx the next one but.... Hopefully - fingers crossed - I should be going to Snowdonia National Park at the begining of December to tackle the Glyderau, with a wild camp thrown in for good measure. I do intend to take plenty of photographs, and write up a trip report so hopefully all will go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment